1. When was The Outsiders first
2. Where was Hinton born?
This is supposedly where the novel takes
3. How was she inspired to write The
old was the author when the novel was published?
5. As a result of the novel's popularity, what happened to Hinton?
6. What is the title of her second novel?
7. When was the movie The Outsiders released?
A Look at Oklahoma
Oklahoma is the setting of many of S.E. Hinton's books.
List 5 interesting facts about the
state of Oklahoma.
Elvis Presley was a person who the "Greasers" really admired. In fact, one would say that they based their style on this very famous man.
8. Why do you think that the Greasers enjoyed the music of Elvis
Presley? Do you think he influenced their fashion?
9. What is Elvis Presley also known as?
10. List 3 more interesting facts about Elvis.
9. Why do you think that the Socs' loved the Beatles? Watch the crowd in this video. Do you see any fashion trends?
4. There are two gangs in The Outsiders;
the Greasers and the Socs. Use these websites to understand what each group was like.
Answer these questions:
- How would the Greasers wear their hair?
- What were their hobbies?
- What would their clothes look like?
- Why were the Greasers and the Socs different?